Posted: April 18, 2018
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
The Engineer Intern will participate in existing projects of small to medium scope which will improve equipment reliability, process throughput and product quality. The Engineer Intern will work in concert with mill process engineers to accomplish these objectives. This position has the potential to expand to other duties and responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Apply engineering principles to real world applications.
- Work independently.
- Display findings using excel or python.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as directed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Minimum: Junior or Senior in an Engineering program from an accredited college. Preferable: Majoring in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- ME preferred Course background:
- : Materials, fluids, 3D design, reading drawings, project planning, system dynamics, control theory, sensors, basic programming, electric motor theory.
- EE preferred Course background:
- Electric motor theory, circuits, power, control theory, sensors, PLCs.
- Familiarity with Siemens S7 or RSLogix programming language a plus.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Use of measuring devices, such as, rule and pi tapes, micrometers, etc.
- Perform Root cause analysis.
- Versed in Manufacturing principles.
- Work as part of a cross functional team.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to move about facility and spend a large portion of time in a mill environment while wearing required PPE (hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe boots, and hearing protection).
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The primary work environment will be in a heavy industry mill. Circumstances may require meetings throughout the facility, including the mill and offsite. Some travel may be required. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Please email, fax or mail your resume and salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
12555 Ronaldson Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70807
Fax: (225) 778-2158