Posted: December 11, 2017
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
The Process Engineer supports the quality, maintenance and operations departments in review of operational projects, initiatives and targets. Coordinates activities related to process improvements, process upsets and overall reliability efforts. Works toward processes and systems improvements that achieve sustained improvements in quality and productivity. Work to eliminate waste of time, money, materials, energy, and other controllables.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manufacturing, Production, Materials and Distribution
Productivity, Methods and Process Engineering
Quality Measurement and Improvement Program Management
Technology Development and Transfer
Management of Change
- Participates and leads in efforts to develop and improve upon the execution of reliable processes that support sustained operational excellence. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate actions.
- Works with quality, maintenance, operations and other plant personnel on Multi-functional teams to help and support plant policies, increased plant reliability, minimize plant down time, minimize operational costs and increase organizational efficiencies.
- Create documentation and work instructions for production and maintenance needs.
- Facilitate and Lead process improvement teams
- Define proper work methods for tasks
- Define key production measures
- Define goals and data capture/analysis for key measures
- Perform root cause analysis to improve poor performing processes
- Help and support resolving quality-related issues in all aspects of the business
- Audit defined processes and procedures to ensure that they are being followed
- Help to develop proposals for new programs
- Manage/mentor project teams to ensure program stays on schedule, on budget, and meets performance expectations
- Identify basic business problems requiring analysis
- Work with purchasing/stores to help assure correct parts inventory levels are maintained, expedite parts as required and enter purchase requisitions as needed for timely job assignment and completion.
- Provide support and efforts toward total plant safety record improvements through increased awareness, communications and safety audit participation. Tracking safety related items and compliance to completion of safety related projects and corrective action items.
- Support the development and coordination of plans for reconstruction, installation or repairs of existing and new equipment, machinery, buildings or grounds areas as required.
- Ability to understand and conduct tests using standard scientific methods and prepare summaries of the results. Flexibility to cover various shifts as required and work over time if needed.
- Will continue to develop and enhance skills in performing duties related to improving plant reliability.
- Compliance to all plant safety Policies, Procedures and Expectations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Strong industrial background, 5 to 10 years minimum hands-on experience and Engineering Degree in industrial, mechanical or electrical engineering. Prefer strong background experience in ERW/HFW conduction/induction weld process, TPM development and implementation experience, and a Black Belt – Six Sigma certification. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work well within an ISO 9001 environment.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Effective written and verbal communication capabilities for writing project reports, work plans and presenting project presentations.
- Requires strong attention to detail and ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Have strong customer service and interpersonal skills capabilities.
- Above average ability to calculate projected down times and required man-hours to meet scheduling needs.
- Perform mathematical calculations to support planning functions and project completions.
- Exposure to technical process area, operations, engineering, or research in the given technology area, and strong familiarity with Industrial Manufacturing processes and systems.
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to reset prioritize work, based on changing production needs and to maximize mill yields.
- Ability to lead team members in the direction and completion of projects or problem resolution activities.
- Ability to learn and understand the process for review and analysis needs.
- Ability to identify out of norm conditions and identify options to resolve them.
- Above average ability to understand ERW/HFW welding principles.
- Knowledge, Understanding and Capability for working with computers.
- Root cause analysis and corrective actions as well as inspection planning and processing.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Employee must be able to climb stairs, ladders, and over and on various equipment to inspect and troubleshoot.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Circumstances may require meetings throughout the facility, including the mill and offsite. Some travel may be required. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Please email, fax or mail your resume and salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
12555 Ronaldson Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70807
Fax: (225) 778-2158