Posted: October 23, 2017
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
The Supervisor takes charge of a single team that operates an area of Stupp Corporation’s manufacturing/shipping area. The successful candidate will be a proven, ethical leader with a history of success in leading by example to motivate, train, and instill core values in subordinates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead teams to safely produce pipe to meet or exceed customer and industry requirements and expectations. Utilize expertise/knowledge of equipment and processes to make decisions, train employees and optimize performance.
- Utilize a process-oriented approach and the tools and methods of Lean Manufacturing. Provide leadership and guidance to ensure that teams and equipment are effectively utilized to achieve company goals for quality, productivity and throughput; actively promote a safe work environment and ensure that all tasks undertaken are done so with a safety focus.
- Develop skill sets and knowledge base of direct reports by building a culture of positive morale and enthusiasm. Encourage total employee engagement and reward exceptional performance.
- Develop goals and expectations of employees and hold them accountable. Provide guidance, direction and mentoring to teams, and participate in the preparation of performance reviews. Provide challenging training and development opportunities for employees’ growth and development.
- Champion and execute the organization’s continuous improvement goals by leading teams to identify improvement opportunities and facilitate initiatives regarding safety, quality, uptime, cycle time, work instructions, and employee productivity, including analyzing data collection/Pareto analysis of defects, etc. Provide assistance with drafting/implementing Work Instructions and SOPs. Completes necessary paperwork and administrative duties related, for example, to payroll, attendance, discipline, grievances, overtime, scheduling, and safety.
- Control costs within a defined budget, including manpower optimization.
- Maintain an entrepreneurial approach in all aspects of the job. Identify sub-optimal practices and processes and suggest solutions for improvement. Identify opportunities and champion efforts to improve financial performance.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulatory requirements. Maintain and enforce compliance with all company policies.
- Succeed primarily by interacting with people and processes during physical presence on manufacturing/shipping area for approximately 80% of total working hours, but also by performing effectively in a fast-paced, professional and demanding office environment for the remaining 20%.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Four-year degree or equivalent experience is required. Previous leadership experience is required.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strength of Character and Personal Adaptability & Motivation to include a positive work ethic highlighted by commitment, trust and integrity along with an ability to engage effectively in Constructive Conflict.
- Personal Capability to include strong critical thinking, decision quality, initiative and a well-developed sense of urgency.
- Additional Cognitive Skills and Ability to include Innovation, Learning, Knowledge Application, Handling Detail, Productivity Orientation and Time Management.
- Strong Leadership ability to include effective Directing, Staffing, Coaching and Developing people.
- Intense Focus on Results characterized by strong Goal Orientation, Planning and Resource Management.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills with emphasis on Communication, Teamwork and Conflict Management.
- Previous leadership experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (or similar)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Lean Manufacturing experience preferred
Must be able to climb stairs, ladders, and to climb onto various pieces of equipment to inspect, troubleshoot, and supervise repair and operation of machines and structures. In addition, repeated lifting and carrying loads of up to 50 pounds over the course of a shift to last up to 14 hours is required.
The work environment includes both general office work and physical work required to lead people in manufacturing, storage, and shipping areas. Shifts are scheduled on a weekly rotation between days and nights. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Please email, fax or mail your resume and salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
12555 Ronaldson Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70807
Fax: (225) 774-9158